Terms and Conditions
You, the User, acknowledge that all content included on this Site or in documents received by mail, e-mail or fax, including the information, data, software, photographs, graphs, video, typefaces, graphics, music, sounds, images, illustrations, maps, designs, icons, written and other material and compilations (collectively “Content”) are intellectual property and copyrighted works of Planet of Escapes and/or various third party providers (“Providers”). Reproductions or storage of information or works retrieved from this Site, in all forms, media and technologies now existing or hereafter developed, is subject to the U.S. Copyright Act of 1976, Title 17 of the United States Code.
“Planet of Escapes ”, “Planit of Escapes” are service marks and/or trademarks of Planet of Escapes . Other product and company names identified on this Site may be the trademark, trade name, service mark, logo, symbol or other proprietary designation of a third party. The use of services of any name, trademark, trade name, service mark, logo, symbol or other proprietary designation or marking of or belonging to any third party, and the availability of specific goods or services from such third party through Planet of Escapes , should not be construed as an endorsement or sponsorship of Planet of Escapes by any such third party, or the participation by such third party in the offering of goods, services or information through Planet of Escapes .
The Planet of Escapes services are intended for personal or wholesale use. The content and information given to you (including, without limitation, price and availability of travel services), as well as the infrastructure used to provide such content and information, is proprietary to Planet of Escapes or its suppliers and providers. Accordingly, as a condition of using our services, you agree not to use this Site or its contents or information for any commercial or non-personal purpose (direct or indirect) or for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms & Conditions. While you may make limited copies of your travel itinerary (and related documents) for travel or services purchased through this Site or directly, you agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, software, products, or services obtained from this Site. In addition, you agree not to:
- access, monitor or copy any content or information of this Site using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without express written permission of Planet of Escapes ;
- violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this Site or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this Site;
iii. take any action that imposes, or may impose, in the discretion of Planet of Escapes , an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Planet of Escapes infrastructure; or
- deep-link to any portion of this Site (including, without limitation, the purchase path for any travel services) for any purpose without express written permission of Planet of Escapes .
Unless a Provider has agreed otherwise, all products, services, advice, merchandise and information available through this Site are provided on an “as is”, “as available” basis without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Without limiting the above, no warranty or guarantee is made (i) regarding the availability of products and/or services through this Site or, where applicable, at any participating retailer or retailer location, (ii) that use of this Site and all software, products or services associated with this Site will be error free, (iii) regarding the results that may be obtained from the use of this Site, (iv) regarding the completeness, accuracy, reliability or quality of any information content, data, service, advice or merchandise provided or available through this Site, or (v) regarding the performance or non-performance of this Site. You expressly agree that the use of this Site is at your sole risk.
General Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL PLANET OF ESCAPES , INCLUDING ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AFFILIATES, OR PROVIDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “COVERED PARTIES”), BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, DEATH, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, ACT OF GOD, ACCIDENT, DELAY, OR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, WHICH ARISE OUT OF OR ARE IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY USE OF THIS SITE OR WITH ANY DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE, EVEN IF A COVERED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Further, the Covered Parties accept no responsibilities for any damage and/or delay due to Provider cancellations, shortages, sickness, pilferage, labor disputes, machinery breakdown, quarantine, government restraints, weather or causes beyond the Covered Parties’ control. No responsibility is accepted for any additional expense, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any governmental authority. No Covered Party shall be responsible for any Provider’s breach of any warranty including, but not limited to, implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or of merchantability, nor shall any Covered Party be responsible for any other wrongdoing of a Provider (including any liability in tort), as to any products and/or services available through this Site. No Covered Party shall be responsible for any Provider’s failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions nor for any Provider’s failure to comply with applicable federal, state and local law including, without limitation, laws governing the sale, warranty, and return of perishables.
If, notwithstanding the above, a Covered Party is found liable for any loss or damage relating to the use of this Site, User agrees the liability of any such party shall in no event exceed the fee or charge to the User assessed by Planet of Escapes in connection with the use of this Site. All comments, feedback, suggestions and ideas disclosed, submitted or offered to a Covered Party in connection with your use of this Site (collectively, “Comments”), shall be and remain the exclusive property of Planet of Escapes and may be used by a Covered Party in any medium and for any purpose worldwide without obtaining your specific consent. For example, your Comments could be used on this Site and in radio, television and print advertisements. Your first name, first initial of your last name, and town and state may be used with any Comments you submit. No Covered Party is under any obligation to maintain your Comments (and the use of your first name and first initial of your last name with any comments) in confidence, to pay to you any compensation for any Comments submitted, or to respond to any of your Comments. You agree you will be solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make.
Links to other Websites and Services
To the extent this Site contains links to outside services and resources, any concerns regarding such services or resources should be directed to the particular outside service or resource provider. None of the Covered Parties guarantees or warrants the accuracy or completeness of the information or content included on the Web sites of these outside services and resources.
Before booking with Planet of Escapes , please read the following. For all bookings:
Planet of Escapes offers leisure airline tickets, accommodation rooms, customized vacation packages, villa rentals, apartment rentals, sightseeing tours, private guide service, cooking classes, museum and event ticketing, rail ticketing, escorted tours, group travel and corporate incentive programs.
Escorted Tours, Custom Trips and all services offered
Deposits: All deposits are non-refundable. Deposits are required for all tours, unless otherwise stated in writing. Deposit amounts vary based on services to be booked, but shall be a minimum of 10% of the total trip price. All bookings must be paid in full 90 days prior to departure. Your reservation is not confirmed until we receive your deposit. Under no circumstances will you be allowed to depart on a tour without having made full payment. If you make your reservation under 90 days before you plan to depart the full amount of your services is due.
Cancelation & Refunds: Because Planet of Escapes pre-pays its vendors before your trip we cannot offer a refund after payment has been received. There is a 100 % penalty for NO SHOW. If you have paid in full, and then cancel more than 90 days prior to departure we will do our best to get any amount that has already been paid but, we cannot guarantee a refund of any kind and strongly request you purchase travel insurance to cover the cost of any cancellations.
Comprehensive travel insurance benefits include trip cancellation, interruption, travel delay, lost baggage, worldwide health & medical coverage, emergency medical evacuation (hospital of choice), hurricane protection, terrorism and more. Complete details of all travel insurance benefits are outlined in the documentation supplied to you. Once you have paid in full or begun your trip, substitutions, cancellations or changes are not possible for any reason. All services are prepaid on your behalf and cannot be changed at the last minute.
Refunds will not be possible for unused meals, entrance fees, accommodations, transportation, etc. No substitutions of any kind will be permitted. The “trip inclusions” begin at the designated time and place on “day one” of the itinerary, and end after breakfast on the last day outlined in the itinerary. Planet of Escapes acts only as an agent in securing hotels, transportation, and other travel services, and in no event shall Planet of Escapes be liable in the event of any failure by any person or company to render any transportation, lodging, or other travel services to be provided on the trip. Any cancellation fees or penalties will be your responsibility.
Planet of Escapes strongly recommends that travelers purchase separate travel insurance to cover possible loss by cancellation, sickness or other unforeseen acts: (lost airline tickets, loss of luggage, trip delay, illness, medical evacuation, etc.). Travel insurance is not included in any of our travel packages and must be purchased separately.
Please take note that if you choose not to purchase travel insurance that you are fully responsible for any costs related to the cancellation or delay of your tour. Refunds are not possible for any reason, so please protect your travel investment with travel insurance.
By booking any service with Planet of Escapes you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the Planet of Escapes No Refund Policy.
Disabilities: Any preexisting physical, mental or emotional disability that may require attention or treatment must be reported in writing prior to the beginning of travel.
A medical release form may be required to participate in adventure programs and other programs involving physical exertion offered by Planet of Escapes. This is noted in the description of such trips.
Custom Trip Planning
With Planet of Escapes’s custom trip planning service, customers work one-on-one with a T.E. (Travel Expert) to plan their trip from beginning to end. You will be given choices of a range of services. With Planet of Escapes’ custom trip planning service, customers choose the star level or type of accommodation they want, along with the desired city or location, dates and budget they would like to stay within. Planet of Escapes then works to find accommodations, services, sightseeing tours, villas, escorted tours or packages at the customer’s desired budget and the clients desired route and dates of travel. If all services are booked through Planet of Escapes ; the trip planning services will be free of charge. If no services are booked but comprehensive consultation, inspection or planning services are provided; an hourly fee of $50/hour will apply.
Planet of Escapes will supply you with the total packaged price of all services including all taxes and fees, gratuities and incidental charges before you are asked for final payment. The services and items listed in the package price are priced as and presented as a “package” Individual item prices listed in a package will not be released.
Deposits: Deposits: For all Services: Once Planet of Escapes/Planet of Escapes has planned out your trip itinerary, dates are confirmed, and you have requested us to book any service, you will be asked to place a non refundable deposit of 10% of the total cost of the trip to begin confirming requested services. Some services, such as cruises, may require a higher deposit or pre-payment in full. Your Travel Expert will notify you prior to making a deposit in these circumstances. All bookings must be paid in full 90 days prior to departure. Your reservation is not confirmed until we receive your deposit. Under any circumstances, full payment is required prior to departure and receiving your final confirmation.
Forms of Payment: Planet of Escapes accepts Personal Checks and money orders. The “Total Charges” that you will pay for using our services will always be disclosed to you before you are asked for final payment. Credit Cards (Visa/Mastercard) will incur a 3% fee.
Chargeback Policy: If you have a complaint about any service we provide, please contact us first. Customer satisfaction is very important to us, and we strive to stand behind our products and services that we sell. We will make every attempt to ensure that you are completely satisfied with the services we’ve provided you. Planet of Escapes considers credit card chargeback’s to be fraud if you made no reasonable effort to notify us that a problem existed, or to resolve or clarify a situation or matter. You agree that you will not chargeback any amounts previously charged to your credit card by Planet of Escapes . If you chargeback a credit card charge for a payment initiated by you, you agree that we may recover the amount of the chargeback, any merchant fees associated with the chargeback as well as the chargeback fee of $150 by any means we deem necessary.
Travel Documents: All passengers must be in possession of a valid passport; its validity must be for six (6) months beyond the re-entry date into the passenger’s home country. A visa or visas may be required for some or all of the countries visited. It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure that all his or her visa and passport requirements are met. Planet of Escapes will not be held responsible for delay or cancellation related to any required travel document, passport or tourist visa issues.
Travel Insurance: Planet of Escapes strongly recommends trip members to purchase separate travel insurance to cover possible additional costs (lost airline tickets, loss of luggage, trip delay, illness, medical evacuation, etc.).
Please take note that if you choose not to purchase travel insurance that you are fully responsible for any costs related to the cancellation or delay of your tour. Refunds are not possible for any reason, so please protect your travel investment with travel insurance. Comprehensive travel insurance benefits include trip cancellation, interruption, travel delay, lost baggage, worldwide health & medical coverage, emergency medical evacuation (hospital of choice), hurricane protection, terrorism and more.
By booking any service with Planet of Escapes you acknowledge that you have read the Planet of Escapes Travel Insurance Recommendations and understand that travel insurance is my decision.
Accommodations and Special Requests: Accommodations and services made available through Planet of Escapes ‘s website or offices are subject to the disclosed terms and conditions. Planet of Escapes will supply general descriptions, photographs, location information, amenities and other detailed information so you have all you need to make an informed booking decision. You will be given an accommodation reference number or name that represents the accommodation within our database only. The exact accommodation with complete name, address and contact information will be given only after purchase. This policy prevents competitors or others from undermining our efforts to supply a complete service to our customers. Our goal is to provide our customers with a high level of personalized service and offer a level of knowledge about your destination unmatched by any other company.
All accommodation reservations are guaranteed for double occupancy (one double bed or two twin beds unless you have requested otherwise). Planet of Escapes requests that our accommodation suppliers provide non-smoking rooms. However room assignments are based on availability and are at the accommodation’s discretion. We cannot guarantee a non-smoking room, nor can we guarantee you will have one bed or two. If you have special requests (such as smoking room, pet accommodations, type of bedding, connecting rooms, view, floor location, etc.), you must call the accommodation and verify that special requests can be met after your reservation is confirmed. Planet of Escapes makes no guarantee that special requests will be met. An accommodation reservation cannot be refunded, canceled or modified on the basis that a special request was not (or could not be) met by the accommodation.
Accommodation Local Taxes – Some hotels may charge a daily hotel tax. This tax is not included in any package we offer and must be paid locally by the customer.
Accommodation Star Ratings: Planet of Escapes ‘s star rating system is provided for your reference. Like other well-known accommodation rating systems, Planet of Escapes uses a number of factors in evaluating the quality of participating accommodations such as: size of rooms, decor/furnishings, amenities, public areas, hospitality services, maintenance/housekeeping, reputation, etc.
Planet of Escapes screens participating accommodations carefully and updates our information periodically to ensure the validity of our ratings. Our ratings systems may sometimes differ from those of other rating systems that you may be familiar with. We do not warrant or guarantee that our star rating system is identical to or consistent with any other star rating system.
Planet of Escapes will book your reservation in a property with at least an equal or higher star level than you requested. Please note that it is possible that the accommodation you are booked in could be a Resort or Boutique accommodation, which will at least meet the minimum qualifications of the star level you initially requested.
Late Arrival and Failure to Check-in on First Night: If you are going to be delayed, cannot meet your transfer or find that you cannot check in to your accommodation on the date and time you requested, you should contact the accommodation to let them know. If you fail to check in to your accommodation on the day of your reservation and do not alert the accommodation, Planet of Escapes or the service provider, the remaining portion of your reservation will be canceled and you will not be entitled to a refund.
Special Needs: If you have special needs (e.g., wheelchair accessible room) you must tell your booking agent in advance and verify that special needs can be met.
So long as you give advance notice before paying your deposit, your accommodation reservation will be refunded, canceled or modified if special handicapped needs cannot be met.
Must be 21 Years of Age: The guest on the reservation must be 21 years or older to check into the accommodation.
Frequent Traveler Points: Frequent traveler points, upgrades, certificate vouchers and other discounts or incentives will not apply to Planet of Escapes’ services.
Complaints: Should any complaints arise with regards to any services, accommodations or tours the matter must be promptly reported by the guest to the tour leader if on a tour, to the hotel AND directly to Planet of Escapes. Planet of Escapes will supply you with local and international numbers for any problems that arise. All complaints will be dealt with fairly and without delays. The guest must notify Planet of Escapes within 24 hours of any complaints during the period of their stay in order for Planet of Escapes to take immediate action so as to solve the matter during your stay. Planet of Escapes and its subsidiaries will not be held responsible for any complaints received after the fact or after you have departed from the hotel, villa or service which the complaint applies. If Planet of Escapes is not immediately notified and we are not given the opportunity to correct the problem we cannot be held responsible.
Trips cancelled or changed by Planet of Escapes : Although unlikely, your trip may be canceled due to unforeseen circumstances. If Planet of Escapes cancels a trip you have paid for, the entire amount you have paid to Planet of Escapes will be refunded to you within fourteen (14) days after the trip’s cancellation, as required by Washington State law. Once this occurs, Planet of Escapes and its representatives have no other obligations to customers on canceled trips. Planet of Escapes is not responsible for refunds for Airfare. Planet of Escapes is registered with the State of Washington as a provider of travel. Legal documentation available upon request.
Exchange Rate: In the event of a currency exchange fluctuations between the Dollar and foreign currencies, Planet of Escapes reserves the right to adjust accordingly the cost of the “trip” or “trips”. Your exchange rate is not locked until final payment.
Fee Schedule: The following are a list of fees that may be charged for services and time rendered.
- Wire, Document Preparation & Shipping Fee: $40.00
- Airfare Booking & Research Fee: No charge for international flights if ticket purchased through Planet of Escapes or its affiliates; $25 per flight for Domestic or “in country” flights
- Rail Booking Fee: $35.00 per ticket, per passenger
- Document/Ticket delivery to hotel: $35.00 and up
- Return Check Fee: $40.00
- Chargeback Fee: $250 + Attorney’s fees + Reversal fees
- Consultation: $50/hour
- Payment Plan Fee: $25.00
- Change Fee after final payment: $25-500 depending on service
Third parties such as rental companies, hotels and airlines may have separate fees that apply to your booking; please consult your travel expert prior to booking.
Rental Car Service.
In cases where Planet of Escapes books a rental car as part of your travel package, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- Planet of Escapes rental car reservations are non-changeable, non-endorsable, non-transferable and non-refundable by you.
- Valid International Driver’s License AND credit card or, in the rental car company’s discretion, debit card, which is consistent with the transactional details provided to Planet of Escapes, must be presented when a vehicle is picked-up at the designated location;
- When picking up the vehicle, a credit card or, in the rental car company’s discretion, debit card, will be required to pay for any additional ancillary charges (including insurance, child seats, gas, etc.). Debit cards may not be accepted;
- Planet of Escapes does NOT provide rental car insurance. It is the customer’s sole responsibility to determine the applicability and eligibility of any pre-existing insurance coverage. Planet of Escapes ‘s car rental suppliers generally offer several insurance alternatives as an incremental and completely distinct transaction, which the customer can purchase at the time of pick-up. In some instances, it may be possible to purchase rental car insurance at the time of booking your services. If this is desired, please inquire.
- All rentals will include time and mileage only and are subject to road tax and other charges as per terms of the rental car company
- Express service and loyalty programs (frequent flyer points, frequent rental points, etc.) are not applicable to Planet of Escapes rentals.
Vacation packages available through Planet of Escapes will be subject to the published conditions of carriage and, as appropriate, rules of the applicable airline, accommodation, car rental company, or attractions and services provider. The following terms and conditions will apply:
- Any package including an airline ticket purchase is subject to the terms and conditions listed in the Airline Service section;
- Any package including an accommodation purchase is subject to the terms and conditions listed in the Accommodation section;
iii. Any package including a car rental purchase is subject to the terms and conditions listed in the Car Rental section above; and
- Any package including a tour or attraction purchase is subject to the terms and conditions listed in the this Terms and Conditions document and is subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the tour and attraction provider.
Airline Services. In addition, the following terms and conditions apply to Planet of Escapes booking your airline services:
- All tickets are non-refundable, non-endorsable and non-changeable. Credit will not be given for any unused airline tickets and cannot be used toward any future purchases;
- Once an airline ticket is purchased, it cannot be modified by Planet of Escapes
- Passenger is responsible for any additional weight needed for luggage
- Passenger is responsible for checking in online Any changes to a airline reservation or ticket will incur a change fee.iii. All airline tickets will be subject to the terms and conditions of the issuing supplier or airline.Additional Travel & Accommodation (T&A) Terms and ConditionsIn addition to any terms and conditions described above, the following terms and conditions apply to Planet of Escapes ‘s custom trip planning services:
- All accommodation reservations are non-cancelable, non-refundable, non-changeable and non-transferable by you. Once you purchase a reservation, your method of payment will be charged for the amount shown – regardless of whether or not the reservation is used. Credit will not be given for any unused reservations and cannot be used toward any future purchases;
- Once a Planet of Escapes Request has been booked, it cannot be modified by you;iii. Upon check-in, guests must present a valid ID and credit card or, in the accommodation’s discretion, debit card, in their name that is consistent with the transactional details provided to Planet of Escapes (the amount of available credit required will vary by accommodation). Debit cards may not be accepted.In cases where vouchers for service(s) are issued, you must present the vouchers to the local service providers upon request. Failure to present the voucher could result in denial of that service.
- A Voucher, if needed, will be issued by Planet of Escapes and presented to the Attraction Operator, tour guide, transfer or accommodation by the traveler, and shall entitle the person named on the Voucher, subject to these Terms and Conditions, to use the service described in the Voucher. The service operator will verify the identity of the person named on the Voucher prior to accepting the Voucher; and may require a signature from such named person. The person named on the Voucher will be required to present a government-issued photo ID to the Service Operator.
- A Voucher is valid for redemption only by the person named on a Voucher. A Voucher has no cash value and cannot be assigned, or transferred, in whole or in part.
- The issuance of a Voucher by Planet of Escapes or its subsidiaries is final. There are no refunds, credits, exchanges, or cancellations of a Voucher once it has been issued by Planet of Escapes . A Voucher is like cash – a destroyed, lost or stolen Voucher cannot be reprinted, reissued or refunded. A Voucher may be redeemed only once and only by the Service Operator. Before departing on your trip, you should confirm that the information that a Voucher contains in is accurate.viii. Service availability may change after a Voucher is issued. When Planet of Escapes is informed in advance of a significant change to the availability of a service or accommodation, Planet of Escapes will use reasonable efforts to notify you. In the event a service is canceled, rescheduled or postponed by the Service Operator, you should immediately contact Planet of Escapes .viii. Planet of Escapes reserves the right to modify and otherwise change these Terms and Conditions at its sole discretion. No amendment, modification or waiver to these Terms and Conditions shall be binding on Planet of Escapes unless made in writing and signed by an authorized officer of Planet of Escapes .
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE SERVICES BOOKED MAY BE HAZARDOUS AND INHERENTLY RISKY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU AND THE PERSONS NAMED ON THE VOUCHER WILL ASSUME ALL RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR LOST, STOLEN, DAMAGED OR DESTROYED PROPERTY; OR OTHER LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE AND OPERATION OF THE SERVICE, AND ALL ACTIONS OR EVENTS OCCURRING PRIOR TO, DURING, AT OR AFTER, THE SERVICE. FURTHERMORE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PLANET OF ESCAPES SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH; OR LOST, STOLEN, DAMAGED OR DESTROYED PROPERTY; OR OTHER LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE, AND ALL ACTIONS OR EVENTS OCCURRING PRIOR TO, DURING, AT OR AFTER, THE SERVICE.
- You are responsible to supply any flight schedules, passport names or information needed to plan your trip in a timely manner. Planet of Escapes is not responsible for delays caused by information not given to us in a timely manner.
- Every reasonable effort will be made by Planet of Escapes to supply itineraries, services, and accommodations as outlined. If these cannot be supplied due to causes beyond Planet of Escapes ’s control, Planet of Escapes reserves the right without prior notice to substitute or delete such service and accommodations.xii. Planet of Escapes is registered with the State of Washington as a provider of travel. Legal documentation available upon request.
xiii. In the event of litigation relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, the non-prevailing party shall reimburse the prevailing party for all reasonable attorney fees and costs resulting therefromEntire Agreement, Modification. These Terms & Conditions constitute the entire and only understanding between the parties, and replace any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written) relating to the subject matter hereof. The failure of Planet of Escapes to exercise any of its rights shall not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment of the future performance of any of its rights, and your obligations with respect to such future performance shall continue in full force and effect.