How Does It Work?
Travel is a very personal experience; each traveler seeks meaningful experiences, not just seeing the sights. Planet of Escapes will arrange an initial consult with you to determine your interests and goals for travel, the create a working itinerary to coordinate with you every step of the way to build a trip customized to your interests.
Behind the scenes, our travel experts coordinate with local guides and tour operators to build a seamless trip, from arrival to departure. We also have a team of travel concierges in many destinations who are there to ensure you trip runs smoothly and who provide 24 hour assistance.
Where Do We Offer Trips?
Because Planet of Escapes specializes in custom travel services, we offer travel services anywhere we know intimately. Our well-traveled staff has extensive knowledge and travel experience in the US and Canada; Central America; South America and Europe. Some examples of trips taken by Planet of Escapes clients:
- 2 weeks “semi-independent trip to France’s Alsace wine region with a side visit to the Swiss Alps
- A family Christmas break at a mountain cabin, with daily activities such as tubing and dog sledding
- A full service trip to the Galapagos Islands with daily boat and hiking excursions. A great family destination, the Galapagos Islands offers a unique opportunity to see wildlife up close; snorkel with reef sharks or rays; see marine iguanas, Frigate birds and Blue Footed Boobies; visit the highlands, home to the Galapagos Tortoise; and much more
- Exploration of Incan sights with a trip to Peru, including hiking the famed Inka Trail and guided visits to Machu Picchu, the “Lost City of the Incas,” and a fly over of the mysterious Nasca Lines
- A 4-day jungle adventure to the Amazon Rainforest. Based in a jungle lodge, take daily guided trips on foot and by motorized canoe into the jungle with a naturalist guide. Walk a series of suspended bridges above the rainforest for an unique “canopy view” perspective of the forest. Visit a clay lick, which is a hub of wildlife activity, especially brightly colored parrots. Canoe on an oxbow lake to see Caiman, Howler Monkeys and, if you’re lucky, Giant River Otters. In some parts of the jungle you may be able to see the elusive Pink River Dolphin
- A thematic trip of WWII sites in Germany and Poland, from Munich, the rise of the Third Reich, to Berlin where it came crashing to an end.
There are a number of ways to travel and no two trips are alike. From general sighting of the major sites to very specific themed trips, Planet of Escapes will create a trip specific to your interests.
For those who want to take all the hassle out of travel, we can plan a full service trip where all services, from arrival to departure, are planned for you. You need only show up and enjoy your trip.
For those who want a little more flexibility, we can plan a semi-independent trip with a mix of free time/unscheduled activities as well as set tours.
How Much Does It Cost?
Customized trips vary in cost as there are a number of variables that affect a trip price, from flight options to accommodations and tour options – group tours versus private tours. Our travel experts will work within your budget to create a trip and make recommendations to enhance your travel experience.
How to Get Started?
Contact a travel expert at Planet of Escapes to begin your trip planning. After an initial consultation, your travel expert will offer some travel suggestions and flight options, then create a working itinerary with more specific travel details, such as lodging options, tours, activities and transportation options.
Once your itinerary is built to your specifications your travel expert will build a priced package with the total cost of the trip and services and then collect a deposit to reserve the trip and begin the booking process. We strive to have all trips completely booked and services set at least 90 days prior to your travel.
Once booked, you will receive a packet of travel guides as well as a more robust travel kit of materials shortly before departure. Our team will be in contact with the local destination hosts/operators during your trip to ensure everything is running smoothly and follow up with you upon your return home.